wg-multicast - Re: Polar Gateways

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Polar Gateways

  • From: debbie fligor <>
  • To: wg-multicast List <>
  • Cc: Debbie Fligor <>, Richard Machida <>, Henry Luciano <>
  • Subject: Re: Polar Gateways
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:30:12 -0600

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:04, Henry Luciano wrote:

Hello,

Richard Machida wrote:
We are multicasting a NASA conference taking place in Barrow, AK, using Quicktime Broadcaster. Please let me know if you are able to receive the stream. It will be available through next Wednesday.

Receiving the "Conference will resume etc." screen via multicast. Some occasional quality (pixelization) issues with both the multicast and unicast streams. I'm inclined to suspect the POS switch I'm currently plugged into if no one else is seeing it.

I'm getting the stream just fine in QuickTime and seeing occasional issues as well. It seems to be fine for a while then a cluster of redraws, then fine for a while again.

Information on the program is available at
http://www.arcticscience.org/events/2008/January/1.php

Is there a reason the URI for the unicast is mms://catstream2.cat.uaf.edu:polar and not
mms://catstream2.cat.uaf.edu/polar on the page?

Thanks for streaming the conference,
--
Henry Luciano Mote Marine Laboratory
IS Director 941-388-4441 x409

"The computer ... is an Old Testament God -
lots of rules and no mercy." ~ Joseph Campbell

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn Network Engineer, CITES, Univ. of Il
email:

<http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/fligor>
"My turn." -River Tam