wg-multicast - Re: Detect IPv6 on Darwin Streamimng Server

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Detect IPv6 on Darwin Streamimng Server

  • From: Marc Manthey <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Detect IPv6 on Darwin Streamimng Server
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:48:43 +0100

On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:25 PM, Taylor, Scott J. wrote:
Marc,

What are you looking for help
with?

hello Scott,

after building "Socket6" on a fresh osx 10.4.x system with xcode 2.5 installed with this errors:

Socket6.c
Socket6.xs: In function 'XS_Socket6_getaddrinfo':
Socket6.xs:662: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Socket6.xs: In function 'XS_Socket6_gai_strerror':
Socket6.xs:718: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
---
Installing /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Socket6.pm
Writing /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/ Socket6/.packlist
Appending installation info to
//System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/perllocal.pod
/bin/sh: line 1:
//System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/perllocal.pod:
Permission denied
make: [doc_site_install] Error 1 (ignored)
--
i tryed to install DSS .

macbroadcast:~ macbroadcast$ sudo
/Users/macbroadcast/Desktop/IPv6DSS-clean/Darwin/src/live/ StreamingServer/Install.6net-latest
Password:

Installing Darwin Streaming Server

Checking for and Killing currently running Darwin Streaming Server
copying DarwinStreamingServer to
/usr/local/sbin/DarwinStreamingServer-gcc-latest
cp: DarwinStreamingServer: No such file or directory
copying PlaylistBroadcaster.tproj/PlaylistBroadcaster to
/usr/local/bin/PlaylistBroadcaster
cp: PlaylistBroadcaster.tproj/PlaylistBroadcaster: No such file or directory
copying MP3Broadcaster/MP3Broadcaster to /usr/local/bin/MP3Broadcaster
cp: MP3Broadcaster/MP3Broadcaster: No such file or directory

Launch streamingadminserver.pl

Installation Complete
macbroadcast:~ macbroadcast$

server seems not to be running whitch files do i have to copy from the origin/pached sources ?

> The DarwinStreamingServer.pkg in here was created using this source and the command string "./BuildOSXInstallerPkg dss"
> It was compiled on a G4 powermac that was part of my AUDF Developer Grant of long ago.
> MacOSX Version 10.3.9
> "Xcode Update" (1.1)
> DSS version: 5.0.1.1 - originally modified by Remco Poortinga as part of 6Net.org projects
> NOTES: It has a lot of debug printf statements that need stripping.
> It only functions when there are no modules in the /Library/ QuickTimeStreaming/Modules directory --- Most modules have not been updated with Address class support.
> It seems quite fussy about permissions of the various default log and config directories - so make sure you understand what user it will run as and what the permissions are on your
> default and configured directories.

thanks

Marc

Subject: Detect IPv6 on Darwin Streamimng Server

hello multicast list,

while my question is not answered in the DSS list i like to ask
here.
I am looking for a .binary /.dmg or patch whitch allows me to
use
Darwin streaming server with ipv6.

<http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/DSS-IPv6/index.htm>
<http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009619199/netinetin6h.htm>
<http://www.linux-ipv6.org/ml/usagi-users/msg01946.html>

I am not a command line wizzard and would like to know
if somebody does this with success and is willing_to_share his
knowledge/ binary /patch.
I am not interesed in commercial use i just want to use it for
a project described here :

<http://lists.apple.com/archives/streaming-server-users/2007/May/ msg0007
2.html>