wg-multicast - Re: reminder: Multicast BoF at I2MM is tomorrow 12noon-1pm

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: reminder: Multicast BoF at I2MM is tomorrow 12noon-1pm

  • From: Dan Pritts <>
  • To: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: reminder: Multicast BoF at I2MM is tomorrow 12noon-1pm
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:52:28 -0400

> > Just a reminder that the BoF is tomorrow 12noon-1pm in the Towne Room.
> > Pick up your lunch at the Tiki Pavilion on your way. Please suggest
> > items for the agenda or just show up!

If anyone here in SD would be interested in helping us troubleshoot
broken multicast on the SDSC T320 that is feeding the meeting, please
give me a buzz. my mobile is below.

First it didn't work; then we changed from igmp v3 to igmp v2, and
it started working fine.

Sometime later, inbound worked but outbound didn't. The interface
at SDSC with their beacon worked longer than the interface feeding the
meeting.

Later (now), neither inbound nor outbound seems to work.

Restarting PIM & MSDP did not fix the problem. Turning IGMP off & on
didn't either.

It's an older JunOS (7.3R4.3) and the router has been up for over 400 days.

I've had similar seeming issues with my M10 that were only ever solved by
a reboot, JTAC didn't have any useful advice beyond what i've described
up till now.

The router in question is primary for SDSC & UCSD so a quick reboot would be
suboptimal.

tnx
danno
--
Dan Pritts, System Administrator
Internet2

Dive into the next wave of innovation:
Register for the Internet2 Member Meeting
http://events.internet2.edu/2007/fall-mm/