wg-multicast - can you set interface MTU in windows?

Subject: All things related to multicast

can you set interface MTU in windows?

  • From: Mark Boolootian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: can you set interface MTU in windows?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:04:53 -0700

Folks,

We've got a problem with fragmentation (which is eating router CPU) over a
tunnelled multicast connection between several windows boxes running
netmeeting to do conferencing. I'd like to drop the MTU on the windows
boxes to remedy this, but have so far been unable to figure out how to
do this. Everything I've found related to adjusting MTU appears to
only affect TCP sessions, but UDP continues to use the MTU of the interface.
Does anyone know if it is possible under Windows/XP to modify the physical
interface MTU?

thanks,
mb
---