wg-multicast - Re: Multicast Survey

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast Survey

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Dov Zimring <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Multicast Survey
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:07:28 -0400

Dear Dov;

Thank you.

Is there a means of sending the survey to the members of the DSL Forum ?

Regards
Marshall

On Jun 13, 2006, at 9:56 AM, Dov Zimring wrote:

We have nearly 50 customers deploying IP Video, I'll do my best to get some of them to respond to this. It may be of interest to the IETF and this group to see the recent work the DSL Forum has done in defining the role of multicast in service provider access networks. TR-101 focuses on a layer-2 access network and as such the multicast discussions are focused solely on IGMP implementation requirements for DSLAMs and OLTs.
TR-101 is available on the DSL Forum's website: http:// www.dslforum.org/techwork/tr/TR-101.pdf

Regards,

--
Dov Zimring
Triple Play Architect

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Working-group members;

As you know, I am now co-chair of the IETF Working Group on multicast deployment, and we
are looking to redirect our efforts to better support new deployments.
In other, similar, cases, an operator and provider survey has been useful, and
so we are going to try the same.

The survey is at

http://www.multicasttech.com/survey/MBoneD_Survey_v_1_5.txt

The survey responses will be "anonymized", the survey "anonymizer" is
Lucy Lynch and replies should be sent to her at .
Survey results will be made publicly available (with, of course, the exception of
the respondents identities).

While the survey is aimed at industry, there is no reason why Academic and Research Networks couldn't
respond as well, and if you have industry partners, fell free to send it to them as well.

I would appreciate any assistance in disseminating this survey.

Regards
Marshall

  • Multicast Survey, Marshall Eubanks, 06/12/2006
    • Message not available
      • Re: Multicast Survey, Marshall Eubanks, 06/13/2006