wg-multicast - Multicast Survey

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast Survey

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Multicast Survey
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:41:30 -0400

Working-group members;

As you know, I am now co-chair of the IETF Working Group on multicast deployment, and we
are looking to redirect our efforts to better support new deployments.
In other, similar, cases, an operator and provider survey has been useful, and
so we are going to try the same.

The survey is at

http://www.multicasttech.com/survey/MBoneD_Survey_v_1_5.txt

The survey responses will be "anonymized", the survey "anonymizer" is
Lucy Lynch and replies should be sent to her at .
Survey results will be made publicly available (with, of course, the exception of
the respondents identities).

While the survey is aimed at industry, there is no reason why Academic and Research Networks couldn't
respond as well, and if you have industry partners, fell free to send it to them as well.

I would appreciate any assistance in disseminating this survey.

Regards
Marshall

  • Multicast Survey, Marshall Eubanks, 06/12/2006