wg-multicast - Re: [Fwd: Bradley needs urgent help with AccessGrid]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [Fwd: Bradley needs urgent help with AccessGrid]

  • From: "David Farmer" <>
  • To: bdr <>,
  • Cc: <>, <>, , Cory <>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Bradley needs urgent help with AccessGrid]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:17:21 -0600

If I had to guess MSDP isn't setup quite correctly. What RP addresss
are you using?

The RP must put the sources into MSDP and uses the RP address to
originate the MSDP messages, which must properly RFP check in
remote ASes.

Otherwise check with MREN, I remember something about the
Force10 having some kind of Multicast bug. I'm, not sure if it is still a
problem or if it was even related to these symptoms.

On 11 Jan 2006 bdr wrote:

> I'm trying to remember what's wrong with the border router ... I think
> it's a Cisco ... and advice for Cory?

David Farmer Email:

Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota Phone: 612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE Cell: 612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029 FAX: 612-624-4035