wg-multicast - Re: Is Multicast a Real Service?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Is Multicast a Real Service?

  • From: Lea Roberts <>
  • To: Russ Hobby <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Is Multicast a Real Service?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:39:05 -0700 (PDT)

hello everyone!

the simple answer is that it was an MSDP propagation issue for an ASM
application.

the bug was in Cisco IOS (I can look back for the bug ID if there's any
interest) where the remote source address would take tens of seconds to
propagate from one router to the next... once we zeroed in what was
happening, it took a while to get the answer but once the code was all
upgraded things have been workihg fine in the normal path. Now I'll let
Steve Senger comment on how they've continued to find other sites that
need to upograde their Cisco routers...

Lea Roberts
Stanford Network Operations