wg-multicast - Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:48:15 -0400

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:09:10AM -0500, Tim Ward wrote:
> Quoting Bill Owens
> ():
> > I looked at the website when it was announced a few months ago, and again
> > just now. Neither time was I able to really figure out what the heck OSTN
> > really is :(
>
> OK, Bill, by now you must be the on list expert about OSTN! NU's
> school of journalism has been asked to provide content to them. Has
> anyone found out anything more about OSTN?

Sadly, I know nothing more than before. I have come to believe that they're
being intentionally vague on their website, and I found out that they had
some sort of invitation-only, confidential briefing that included a number of
NYSERNet member schools, but not NYSERNet ourselves. They're beginning to
worry me, quite frankly. . .

Bill.