wg-multicast - Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [I2-NEWS] Massachusetts Institute Of Technology Joins The OPEN Student Television Network
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:35:46 -0400

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 12:19:57PM -0700, Ben Chinowsky wrote:
>Hi Marshall,
>
>>Is this a multicast application ? ASM or SSM (or VPN ?) Any place to find
>>out
>> more information ?
>
>It uses Abilene multicast -- see
>http://www.ostn.tv/network.shtm and http://www.abilene.iu.edu/advanced.html .
>
>I don't know any specifics beyond that, but I bet there are others on this
>list
>who do...anyone?

I looked at the website when it was announced a few months ago, and again
just now. Neither time was I able to really figure out what the heck OSTN
really is :( However, this time I did see that two NYSERNet schools are
apparently involved, so I'm going to ask on one of our internal lists to see
what anyone knows. . .

Bill.