wg-multicast - multicast connectivity with apache2 on a dynamic ip4 adress

Subject: All things related to multicast

multicast connectivity with apache2 on a dynamic ip4 adress

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: multicast connectivity with apache2 on a dynamic ip4 adress
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 02:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

hello group,

i like to introduce me and a tool that i found , its called dbeacon [ 1 ]
and his main purpose
is , to monitor other network beacon's reachability and collect statistics
such as loss,
delay and jitter between network beacons.

dbeacon [ 1 ] support both IPv4 and IPv6 multicast, collecting information
via Any Source Multicast and Source specific multicast.

A working version for osx even tiger works ;)
can be found here [ 2 ]

my goal is:

I want to run a tool that monitors multicast connectivity
on a server that has an IPv6 tunnel over a dynamic IPv4 address.

My questions are :

I found a provider in germany [ 3 ] that could connect me to an /48er IPv6
Subnet over
a IPv6-to-IPv4 tunnel i need to run a shellscript [4 ] and IProute2 [5 ]

or there are any other possibilitys the get my apache2 with an dynamic ipv4
to 6 tunnel on the matrix [6 ] ?

If not , has anybody experiene with IProute2 [5 ] or get it working on
osx 10.xx ?

regards

marcM

[ 1 ] http://artemis.av.it.pt/~hsantos/dbeacon/
[ 2 ] http://dero.tamu.edu/~tyler/code/macosx/ thanks to tyler;)
[ 3 ] http://www.xaranet.de/produkte/ipv6-tunnel.php
[4 ] http://www.xaranet.de/dl/xaranet-tunnel.sh
[5 ] http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.iproute2.html
[6 ] http://mars.innerghost.net.ipv4.sixxs.org/matrix/

--
Marc Manthey -
http://brain.let.de

  • multicast connectivity with apache2 on a dynamic ip4 adress, marc, 05/06/2005