wg-multicast - Fwd: input on tightening up multicast filtering

Subject: All things related to multicast

Fwd: input on tightening up multicast filtering

  • From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fwd: input on tightening up multicast filtering
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:04:29 -0800 (PST)

We should have some discussion on this... since there hasn't been
any on the list, I'm adding it to the agenda for Salt Lake City.

It would be worthwhile to have comments before, discuss during,
and post a final recommendation.

(Personally, I'm fine with all but (5)... simply because it a
general policy of blocking ranges of addresses that isn't
consistently followed makes for hard-to-debug problems if we
forget what we've blocked.)

-Kevin