wg-multicast - Re: Using DR priority for low latency forwarding

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Using DR priority for low latency forwarding

  • From:
  • To: John Kristoff <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Using DR priority for low latency forwarding
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:15:44 -0800 (PST)

Oh wait.. I think I know what you're after..

YES, if you change the priority of the candidate DR so that it becomes the
elected DR, then the magic of IGMP/PIM will move the state. Then you can
do what you like with the other router as it is no longer in the path.

Setting the PIM hello interval will help reduce the convergence times upon
an unscheduled failure event.

Greg