wg-multicast - Re: Joint Techs Multicast Session (in Salt Lake City)

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Joint Techs Multicast Session (in Salt Lake City)

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Joint Techs Multicast Session (in Salt Lake City)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:55:15 -0500

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:16:49AM -0800, Kevin C. Almeroth wrote:

> As a focus topic for the multicast session coming up at the
> next Joint Techs workshop, is there anyone planning on being
> there that can talk about experiences in trying to deploy
> multicast in their ((near-)production) IPv6 network?
>
> If we can find some folks to present, we might also have
> some presentations on the background technology too.

Funny you should ask - I've just (finally!) been able to start work on the
setup for native v6 multicast within the NYSERNet backbone. I expect to have
things running in the next few weeks, if there are no major obstacles, so I'd
be glad to talk about it in February. I've been running multicast in the
office for a while, so I can talk about the issues in at least a simple LAN
environment as well.

Bill.