wg-multicast - request for information on LAN multicast issues

Subject: All things related to multicast

request for information on LAN multicast issues

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: request for information on LAN multicast issues
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:55:23 -0400

Hello,

In an effort to improve the Internet2 Multicast Working Group's hands-on tutorials I write to solicit feedback on your experiences with support for multicast in the LAN. Topics of interest include experiences pro and con with IGMP v2/v3, MLD v2 snooping; Practical results and switch vendor compliance with http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-snoop-11.txt; Experience of medium and large-scale campus multicast deployments both in terms of number of "channels" and bandwidth; and so on.

I look forward to reading your war stories:-)

/a