wg-multicast - revised Abilene multicast 'cookbook' available

Subject: All things related to multicast

revised Abilene multicast 'cookbook' available

  • From: Brent Sweeny <>
  • To:
  • Subject: revised Abilene multicast 'cookbook' available
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:34:06 -0500

I've finally made a major revision to the 'multicast cookbook' that's
been on the Abilene NOC webpage for about 4 years now. The primary reason
for the revision was to add Juniper examples to the Cisco ones there,
but I've also made several minor revisions to the text and added several
useful references, especially to Bill Nickless's and others troubleshooting
presentations and Matt Davy's (upcoming Tuesday at JT) 'securing multicast'
talk. we may still make some mods to the msdp filter list--an ongoing
subject--
and there's no mention of SSM, still the triad MBGP/PIM/MSDP, and as always
comments are welcome.
Brent Sweeny, Indiana University