wg-multicast - SSM summary

Subject: All things related to multicast

SSM summary

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: SSM summary
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:57:02 -0400

To summarize my SSM testing:

First, thanks to Andrew Swan of Berkeley, the latest CVS of openmash (5.3b2) compiles out of the box under Fedora Core 2 and SSM just works. Andrew also confirmed that he could see my empty office so interdomain SSM is working for me (is should if interdomain ASM works, but I wanted to make sure:-).

Also, thanks to Hoerdt Mickael of Univ Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg who pointed out his SSM shim which can be used to ssmify an ASM app: http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/libssmsdp/

(Unfortunately, I've tried using ssmifier with mash-5.3b2's vic and it doesn't appear to work. I must be doing something wrong....)
/a

  • SSM summary, Alan Crosswell, 07/09/2004