wg-multicast - Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?

  • From: <>
  • To: <>, "Peter Gutierrez" <>
  • Subject: Re: Multicast traffic causes unicast drops in cisco 15454 SONET mux?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:45:57 -0500

Peter, I've seen this problem before. It came up a few years ago when I was
building out a large service provider network. If I remember correctly, the
solution was a software/line card upgrade. This a line card limitation. Best
way to handle it is to keep multicast traffic to a minimum, try tunneling
multicast with GRE and configure routing protocols to use unicast updates.
The link below should give you some more information.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn13171.shtml

Artie