wg-multicast - Question about Multicast Filtering (MLDv2/IGMPv3)

Subject: All things related to multicast

Question about Multicast Filtering (MLDv2/IGMPv3)

  • From:
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: Question about Multicast Filtering (MLDv2/IGMPv3)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:40:01 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I would like to know if someone knows what exactly happens when the
interface of a multicast router is in EXCLUDE{} state on a LAN and some
host on the same LAN is in INCLUDE{S} state. Does the multicast router
stay on the shared tree toward the RP or does it construct a RSPT towards
S ? It is not clear for me in the draft "igmpv3 and routing protocols
interaction" if this case is specified.

Thanks,

Hoerdt Mickael
LSIIT Laboratory - Strasbourg France