wg-multicast - Testing multicast stream from Thailand

Subject: All things related to multicast

Testing multicast stream from Thailand

  • From: "Patcharee Basu" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Testing multicast stream from Thailand
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:47:11 +0700

Dear Internet2 Folks,

Asian Institute of Technology(AIT), Thailand, has just finished multicast
configuration. I would like to ask if some friends in the WG can help check
if you could get a multicast stream from AIT,
http://www.mmserv.ait.ac.th/MPU-web/liveconf/MPUMediaStation.asx,
It's a 256-kbps window media stream, multicast group = 233.18.159.50 port
15000 , source addr = 203.159.28.31 port 1035.

The current status of multicast testing with Internet2.

Internet2 -> AIT:
AIT can receive multicast stream from Internet2, multicasttech.com,
www.americafree.tv.

AIT -> Internet2:
An Abilene network engineer has helped me checking. The traffics flows all
the way from source to his campus. But at his campus router, there was a
source tree state but no traffic flowing. We still don't know yet what is
the problem. -- Therefore, I would like to know if there is the same problem
on other campus so I write here if someone could help joining the stream or
telling us what could be a problem.

Thank you very very much.

Best regards,
Patcharee