wg-multicast - Re: constraining that pesky 239.255/16 traffic in a CGMP Borg

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: constraining that pesky 239.255/16 traffic in a CGMP Borg

  • From: Mark Quigley <>
  • To: Amel Caldwell <>, Alan Crosswell <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: constraining that pesky 239.255/16 traffic in a CGMP Borg
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:16:12 -0700

We have "ip multicast boundary" configured on our pnwgp link. The docs
state:

Use this command to configure an administratively scoped boundary on an
interface to filter multicast group addresses in the range defined by the
access-list argument. A standard access list defines the range of addresses
affected. When this command is configured, no multicast data packets are
allowed to flow across the boundary from either direction. Restricting
multicast data packet flow enables reuse of the same multicast group address
in different administrative domains.

Our filter looks like:
ip access-list standard multicast-boundary
deny 224.0.1.39
deny 224.0.1.40
deny 239.0.0.0 0.255.255.255
permit any

Good luck
-
Mark Quigley (208) 885 6721 ph
Information Technology Services (208) 885 7539 fax
University of Idaho

Moscow ID 83844-3155 http://www.uidaho.edu/~markq