wg-multicast - Re: Multicasts and Firewalls

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicasts and Firewalls

  • From: Joel Jaeggli <>
  • To: Fred Zalupski <>
  • Cc: I2 Multicast Working Group <>
  • Subject: Re: Multicasts and Firewalls
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

I read this as, "I've just installed a massiove black hole in the middle
of my network and it seems to be absorbing packets."

several threads you can find online say effectivly that the shasta has
zero support for ip multicast.

joelja

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Fred Zalupski wrote:

> One of our member institutions is looking for advice from someone using
> a firewall in a multicast-enabled environment. They recently installed a
> Nortel Shasta (same look and feel as Checkpoint, he reports) and
> subsequently discovered a problem receiving content. Anyone willing to
> pass along advice or experience, please contact me and I'll put you in
> touch with my subscriber.
>
> Thanks and regards, all,

Joel Jaeggli Academic User Services

-- PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E --
resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but