wg-multicast - RE: yet another MPEG2 demo stream

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: yet another MPEG2 demo stream

  • From: Richard Mavrogeanes <>
  • To: 'Alan Crosswell ' <>, "' '" <>
  • Cc: Richard Mavrogeanes <>
  • Subject: RE: yet another MPEG2 demo stream
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:31:34 -0500

Alan,

I don't think we've spoken yet (and I'll be in traveling for the next week
or so), but I wanted to make you aware that VBrick is a I2 sponsor and I'd
like to help.

To trial MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 multicast, I can provide you with free
registration of StreamPump (http://www.vbrick.com/StreamPump.asp) and some
pretty good MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 royalty-free source files so you can send
honest DVD-quality television over I2.

You can view the television on H/W or S/W decoders which I can also supply
at N/C for I2 members.

The more interesting part is live television, and we can help out there too
with loans of our VBricks, as we've done for several projects already (see
http://www.vbrick.com/pressrelease/TransArt.html).

Since I won't be able to reply for about a week, you can get the free
versions of the s/w products which only support MPEG-1 and limit the
multicast to only a few minutes. But send me a note and I'll give you the
registration and you can send continuous television via multicast. And let
me know when or if you want to go live and perhaps I can fix you up with
some VBricks.

Best Regards,

Rich Mavrogeanes
President/Founder