wg-multicast - Re: Beacon from Nanog23 site

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Beacon from Nanog23 site

  • From: Toerless Eckert <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: Toerless Eckert <>, Phillip Harris <>, , , , , , , ,
  • Subject: Re: Beacon from Nanog23 site
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:45:45 -0700

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:33:46AM -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Port 25011 ? Hope this will change before the rtp goes
> up:)

Hmm, anything special there ? I just cat'ed the last two bytes
of the source ip... Yes the actual port numbers (see nanog page)
will be way higher).

> Could you do something for us ? Try and join one
> of our streams (such as channel 1 sub stream 1 at 160 kbps;
> sdp attached below. We lost multicast state
> through Sprint this Tuesday and have not regained out that
> interface yet - this is highly unusual, and I was
> intending to complain to Jeff and company today.

Hmm, ok, so i don't receive anything. My MSDP SA cache shows me
that the only source to 233.64.133.40 is 128.253.64.20. Is
that where you sending from ? That seems to be somewhere
behind abilene ? I thought you'd be directly connected to sprintlink.
...Can't persuade mtrace to give me a clear point where the
traffic is lost, but if that's the right source, i can log into
sprintlink at least and trace it manually.

Cheers
Toerless