wg-multicast - Re: CNN/News feeds

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: CNN/News feeds

  • From: Joel Jaeggli <>
  • To: hitesh ruparel <>
  • Cc: Greg Shepherd <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: CNN/News feeds
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

this an mpeg1 video/audio source... you must use an mpeg capable client...
if the system is unix... mim will work if it's windows I'd recomend
getting iptv...

joelja

On 17 Sep 2001, hitesh ruparel wrote:

> hi,
>
> when i try to join CNN via Nwstrn.U. or UA VBrick test i get a message :
> Unknown protocol or format ( the session contains a media " audio " with
> protocol " RTP/AVP" and format 14. I have no plug in module that defines an
> audio tool for this)...
>
> what do i need to upgrade here ?...i have the latest versions of sdr, vic
> and vat running ?
>
> rgds
> hitesh
>

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 Greg Shepherd wrote :
> >
> >What is the current status of mcast news feeds? I've
> >heard some have
> >permission to broadcast 'for the duration'.. How many
> >are still active?
> >I'd like to gather a list of S,G's of these various
> >globally distributed news
> >feeds.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Greg

Joel Jaeggli

Academic User Services

PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms. Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.