wg-multicast - Re: your mail

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: your mail

  • From:
  • To:
  • Cc: (Prashant Rajvaidya), (MboneD Mail List), (Internet2 Multicast WG),
  • Subject: Re: your mail
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:50:21 -0500 (CDT)

> If so, then this was one of the bigger simultaneous multicast audiences so
> far.
>

> This sounds to me like that things are actually working correctly. The MSDP
> messages are presumably being generated by the Receiver Reports (RR) being
> sent
> by receivers.

oh wow. now that i'm looking at the port info, it would appear that the
majority of the clients were listening to the RTP streams (port 4446/4448)
versus using vbrick's propriatary stream (port 4444 - which isn't RTP).
this means there were potentially a few more people listening that
weren't becoming sources....? i'll have to look at this tomorrow.

  • Re: your mail, Marshall Eubanks, 09/11/2001
    • Re: your mail, elble, 09/11/2001