wg-multicast - Re: [Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To:
  • Cc: OpenMash <>, , , wg-multicast <>, tech team <>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:47:32 -0400

"Lawrence A. Rowe" wrote:

> Hi -

Hello;

If you send us info, we will listen here.

Also, you should send info to Lucy using the form at
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/calendar/

and she will add you into the Internet2 multicast calendar.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

> Prof Ljiljana Trajkovic is looking for someone to listen in to their
> mbone webcast this friday to confirm that it is visible. Anyone want to
> help her?
>
> Prof Trajkovic, I suggest you start an sdr announcement early, say on
> wed or thurs, so it has a chance to get out to the entire world. Then,
> you should also publish a web page with the session addresses (maybe
> just put up the sap file) and some indication of what tools you are
> using, when the test will be conducted, and what someone should do to
> respond to your test.
>
> I'm cc'ing this to the Internet2 Multicast Working Group and the Open
> Mash users and developers list so there will be many people outside
> Berkeley who can also help with the testing. We've been doing this
> mbone webcasting and testing for many years, so it helps to have help
> from others.
> Larry Rowe
> --
> Professor Lawrence A. Rowe Internet:
>
> Computer Science Division - EECS Phone: 510-642-5117
> University of California, Berkeley Fax: 510-642-5615
> Berkeley, CA 94720-1776 URL: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~larry
>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.
> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:43:51 -0700
> From: Fred Archibald
> <>
> To: Robert McNicholas
> <>
> CC:
> ,
>
> ,

> <>
>
> Rob,
> Normally I would be willing to participate. However, I will be away at a
> class the rest of the week after today. I would be willing to bet that
> someone in Larry Rowe's group would be willing to try. The BMRC multicast
> infrastructure is now separate from EECS and will likely work better
> anyway. I am copying Peter Pletcher and Larry to see if they have someone
> to participate in her test.
> Fred
>
> Robert McNicholas wrote:
>
> > Fred,
> >
> > Prof. Trajkovic is a sometimes-visitor to our department. I'm not sure
> > who sponsored her - maybe Randy Katz?
> >
> > Is this something you could help her with?
> >
> > -rob
> >
> > Ljiljana Trajkovic wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Rob,
> > >
> > > We would like to test an MBone broadcasts from
> > > the Simon University campus and need a good soul
> > > in Berkeley to let us know whether our broadcast
> > > could be seen on the Internet.
> > > The testing is planned for one of the afternoons
> > > later this week.
> > >
> > > Could you please recommend someone who is willing
> > > to participate? It will not take much time,
> [...]

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624 Fax : 703-293-9609
e-mail :

http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time :
http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html