wg-multicast - [Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]

Subject: All things related to multicast

[Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]

  • From: "Lawrence A. Rowe" <>
  • To: OpenMash <>
  • Cc: , , wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: [Fwd: Looking for an MBone user in Berkeley.]
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:19:02 -0700

Hi -

Prof Ljiljana Trajkovic is looking for someone to listen in to their
mbone webcast this friday to confirm that it is visible. Anyone want to
help her?

Prof Trajkovic, I suggest you start an sdr announcement early, say on
wed or thurs, so it has a chance to get out to the entire world. Then,
you should also publish a web page with the session addresses (maybe
just put up the sap file) and some indication of what tools you are
using, when the test will be conducted, and what someone should do to
respond to your test.

I'm cc'ing this to the Internet2 Multicast Working Group and the Open
Mash users and developers list so there will be many people outside
Berkeley who can also help with the testing. We've been doing this
mbone webcasting and testing for many years, so it helps to have help
from others.
Larry Rowe
--
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe Internet:

Computer Science Division - EECS Phone: 510-642-5117
University of California, Berkeley Fax: 510-642-5615
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776 URL: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~larry