wg-multicast - On-the-I LIVE Broadcast

Subject: All things related to multicast

On-the-I LIVE Broadcast

  • From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <>
  • To: <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: On-the-I LIVE Broadcast
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:08:17 -0700 (PDT)

All -

This looks to be a really nice event - a little music to kick off
your summer term ???

Scott Williams
<>
LIVE Broadcast of "Uriah Heep" + Much More
http://www.on-the-i.com/livecast
June 22, 23, 24

This is our first remote Live broadcast from JAXX nightclub. We
will actually be broadcasting all weekend beginning Friday, June
22 - Sunday June 24.

Boradcast Times
Fri June 22 - 9:00 PM -
Uriah Heep with Roadducks and Electric Warrior
Note: Uriah Heep from 12:00 - 1:30

Sat June 23 - 8:00 PM - SEV, UXB, Supermack, Rude Buddha, Burgler

Sun June 24 - 2:15 PM - Krass Judgment, Spine, St. Diablo,
Grand Buffet, Striknine, Blood Runs Cold, Tear Out Her Spine,
Premonition of the End

This broadcast is really cool. We are doing a unicast relay from a remote
site - Jaxx's to the On-The-I Studios. We have a powerbook plugged
directly into the Sound board at the club. We then relay the stream to our
office where we are re-encoding at multiple bit rates in real-time and
broadcasting them via multicast with high quality "SLAP" MP3 erasure
correction. Although these broadcasts can be received by any RTP multicast
capable streaming MP3player, the erasure protection is at present only
available from the experimental MCTPlayer.

The MCTPlayer also sends back full RTCP receiver reports, in order to
monitor multicast conditions across Internet 2 and the commodity Internet.

Install MCTPlayer

>From Web site
http://www.on-the-i.com/livecast
choose multicast low, medium or high

OR

SAP/SDP announcements
If Using recent version of Multikit 1.0a87 or above choose
On-The-I.com Livecast JAXX LSM

MCT Player (Windows,Linux versions available)
download location - http://www.mctplayer.com

Lucy E. Lynch Academic User Services
Computing Center University of Oregon

(541) 346-1774