wg-multicast - Production Quality TV Berkeley MIG Seminar

Subject: All things related to multicast

Production Quality TV Berkeley MIG Seminar

  • From: "Lawrence A. Rowe" <>
  • To: , Multiple recipients of list <>
  • Subject: Production Quality TV Berkeley MIG Seminar
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 16:40:34 -0700

Hi -

I am sending this message to tell you about some exciting news
concerning the Berkeley MIG Seminar. Tomorrow (Wed 5/2) we will be
producing a dual-stream television production quality webcast of the
seminar. The transmission will run between 10-15 Mbs and will be
distributed only on Internet2. The webcast can be viewed using
inexpensive jpeg cards or software decoding. For more information on
the technology being used, links to the software, and instructions on
using it, look at the <a
href="http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/courseware/cs298/hsmig.html";>Production
TV Quality MIG Seminar web page</a>.

The speaker tomorrow is Paul Haskell who will be discussing "Digital
Video Bitstream Manipulation." The seminar runs from 1.10-2.30 PST. More
information is available on the <a
href="http://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/instance.cfm?prog=1&group=21&inst=630";>Berkeley
MIG Seminar announcement page</a>.

This seminar will be the last for this semester. The Berkeley MIG
Seminar is the longest running regularly scheduled seminar webcast
world-wide on the Internet. It has been webcast weekly since January
1995.

Join us in the <a
href="http://chat.yahoo.com/?room=ucbmigseminar";>seminar chat room</a>
during the lecture if you have questions or comments.
Larry
--
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe Internet:

Computer Science Division - EECS Phone: 510-642-5117
University of California, Berkeley Fax: 510-642-5615
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776 URL: http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/~larry

  • Production Quality TV Berkeley MIG Seminar, Lawrence A. Rowe, 05/01/2001