wg-multicast - Data File Distribution via IP Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Data File Distribution via IP Multicast

  • From: "Harold E. Stewart" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, <>, "shane smith" <>, <>, "Tech team" <>, "Randall King" <>
  • Subject: Data File Distribution via IP Multicast
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:54:39 -0700

Hello,

I am experimenting with a software application that allows for the distribution of a single data file to multiple client workstations over an IP Multicast enabled network. The application is called the XYRO Multicast Distribution Console. A demo version can be downloaded from the software developer’s site: www.xyro.com This application only works with NT/2000 platforms. I haven’t been able to locate a similar application that would work with UNIX. Would anyone in the group have a suggestion on where I could download a similar version of this application for UNIX?

Thanks,

Harold

  • Data File Distribution via IP Multicast, Harold E. Stewart, 04/24/2001