wg-multicast - Multicast at Joint Techs

Subject: All things related to multicast

Multicast at Joint Techs

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Multicast at Joint Techs
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

For the new people on the list (and as a reminder to the long-standing
members), the Joint Techs meeting is coming up in Lincoln, Nebraska
May 14th-17th. On May 14th, Bill Nickless is giving a tutorial on
multicast and on May 17th from 1:30-whenever we are having the
multicast in-depth.

As a reminder, the multicast in-depth is a free-form discussion of
multicast-related I2 deployment problems (including vendor questions,
comments, etc.). Typically we do not have an agenda though if there
is something interesting going on in the world of multicast, we do
reserve slots.

Therefore, bring your multicast deployment problems and questions.
Also, bring your desire-to-be-a-volunteer hat with you. We've got
some pending projects that need folks to work on.

Also, if there is someone who wants to present on a recent
development, please send me email. In particular, if there are
any campuses recently going through multicast deployment and would
like to report on their status, send me email.

-Kevin