wg-multicast - Button (AKA Multicast tester applet) Update

Subject: All things related to multicast

Button (AKA Multicast tester applet) Update

  • From: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • To: Internet2 Multicast WG <>, mbone mail list <>, MboneD Mail List <>, IP Multicast Mailing List <>, Tech team <>,
  • Subject: Button (AKA Multicast tester applet) Update
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:34:48 -0500

Well, we got a lot of responses about the multicast button applet.
We have made a few changes, and the latest from Marty is attached below.
The tester is still at

http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/

The biggest change is that the applet now listens to the AccessGrid / NLANR
beacon group -
if ANY group traffic is received from any source, the applet announces
success.
This seemed to be a better measure of general multicast enablement.
BUT, as Marty points out here

http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/howto.html

it is easy to configure the tester to use any desired group - the IETF
broadcasts could
set up a connectivity page (for example) that uses the IETF multicasts, for
example, to
decide connectivity.

As always, suggestions, comments, etc., are welcomed.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410