wg-multicast - RE: Multicast Event Calendar

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Multicast Event Calendar

  • From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <>
  • To: Sandra Jaque <>
  • Cc: Multicast WG Internet2 <>
  • Subject: RE: Multicast Event Calendar
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:16:21 -0800 (PST)

Sandra -

In most cases "some delay" will be no more than 1-2 days (over a
week-end), so just send your request in a couple of weeks early and it
will be distributed.

Your point is well taken however, and I'd advise anyone with sessions
which require installation of new software, enabling (or debugging)
new feature sets, etc. to please make your announcement early and
be very clear about your requirements. I can also tell you from direct
experience that fielding a bunch of support requests day-of-show
can be a major drain on limited resources. Getting test beacon sessions
up & running a couple of days before the event are always a good idea -
(even if its just a test pattern & audio loop).

I'll also work on adding an on-going sessions link of some kind -
since the old standards are currently reachable via sdr would
something like the SSM relaterd pages on videolab.uoregon.edu

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/cgi-bin/urd.cgi

be more useful?

Lucy E. Lynch Academic User Services
Computing Center University of Oregon