wg-multicast - Re: MSDP Storm

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: MSDP Storm

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: José Domínguez <>
  • Cc: , mbone mail list <>
  • Subject: Re: MSDP Storm
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:59:34 -0500

At 14:47 -0800 1/17/01, José Domínguez wrote:
Greg, any time frame for Cisco to have something ready? And how about
Juniper boxes? Any other possible solutions?

I found Cisco bug CSCdr93446 that seems to address this issue; I couldn't find the original one that Greg mentioned a couple of days ago. I also opened a case with Juniper, and the support staff weren't able to find anything that said they did SA rate-limiting by default. But they did give me a fragment of firewall filter code that they think will do the trick. I haven't tested it yet because I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I broke in our network over the weekend, that's been keeping us from receiving any traffic other than SDR announcements (grr!)

Bill.