wg-multicast - two meetings in Atlanta

Subject: All things related to multicast

two meetings in Atlanta

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: two meetings in Atlanta
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

There are two multicast-related meetings in Atlanta. Both are
on November 1st:

The first is a general session presentation from 8:45AM-9:45AM:

In this session we will overview the status of multicast in I2.
Included in this talk will be an overview of the multicast
infrastructure and what has changed in the last six months. Also
included will be an overview of the kinds of events that were
multicast over Internet2 recently; plans for increasing the
number and diversity of events; and plans for getting additional
member institutions involved. An open forum where suggestions
and experiences is encouraged.

The second is a working group meeting from 12:45PM-?:??

This meeting of the multicast working group will follow the format
traditionally used at the NLANR/I2 Techs Workshop. Time will be
available for institutions deploying multicast to report on their
status and/or to seek advice. If specifically interested in a slot,
let me know.