wg-multicast - vendor support for multicast functions

Subject: All things related to multicast

vendor support for multicast functions

  • From: Markus Buchhorn <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: vendor support for multicast functions
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:25:23 +1100

(apologies for any duplicates you may get)

Hi All

Has anybody compiled a recent list of what network vendors support which
functions on which boxes, under which software releases? I see a subset
being asked about regularly, and it strikes me a single database would be
very useful. It would also be useful to show the vendors who are lagging
behind ;-) I'm thinking both for local area/subnet (IGMP, L2 multicast
"VLAN's", what else?) as well as wide-area functionality
(PIM-?*M/MBGP/MSDP/DVMRP just in case/...?), plus any vendor-specific
features.

I'd love to see: vendor, box name, software release, functionality
(local/wide-area), sundry comments, anything else? Configuration cookbooks?

If it does exist, can somebody please give me the URL? and everybody stop
reading here :-)

If it doesn't exist, and if people are interested in this, I am prepared to
create and maintain such a database, but I'd need *your* inputs. If you
have any knowledge of any box, please email me. Don't worry about possible
duplication, I'll weed them out. I'd rather have two than zero.

Cheers,
Markus

Markus Buchhorn, Advanced Computational Systems CRC | Ph: +61 2 62798810
email:
,
snail: ACSys, RSISE Bldg,|Fax: +61 2 62798602
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Australia |Mobile: 0417 281429

  • vendor support for multicast functions, Markus Buchhorn, 09/18/2000