wg-multicast - Re: Which IOS to use to support multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Which IOS to use to support multicast

  • From: Hugh LaMaster <>
  • To: Multicast WG Internet2 <>
  • Subject: Re: Which IOS to use to support multicast
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:22:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Ted Frohling wrote:

> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:23:00 -0700
> From: Ted Frohling
> <>
>
> Subject: Which IOS to use to support multicast
>
> My question is what is the `proper' IOS to use in implementing multicast
> and
> msdp on a 7500 connected to Abilene?

Personally, I prefer the S train for now unless you really have
to have something in 12.1 or need all the Enterprise stuff.
e.g. 12.0(10)S, 12.0(11.6)S

If you run 12.1, be prepared for BGP re-org.

--
Hugh LaMaster, M/S 233-21, Email:

NASA Ames Research Center Or:

Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 Or:

Phone: 650/604-1056 Disc: Unofficial, personal *opinion*.