wg-multicast - Re: PowerQuest DriveImage

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: PowerQuest DriveImage

  • From: Tony Rimovsky <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: PowerQuest DriveImage
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:20:18 -0600

It isn't the same product Jeff mentions below, but the Enterprise Edition of
Norton Ghost specifically uses multicasting to clone multiple disks/systems
simultaneously. I'll ask the PC guys here if they have a manual handy. Off
the top of my head, I can't remember the group address Ghost used.

Judging from the DriveImage web page, it looks like they have a similar
feature. The software was probably being used as advertised.

The fun comes, of course, when a 100bT connected image server starts
pushing data to 10bT connected hosts at > 10Mbit/s.