wg-multicast - Seattle meetings

Subject: All things related to multicast

Seattle meetings

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Seattle meetings
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:38:03 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure how much detail I sent to this list about what
is happening in Seattle regarding multicast. So, here goes (again):

Two meetings: a working group meeting on Monday
a breakout session on Tuesday

Multicast Working Group Meeting
Monday 10am to Noon (West B Room)

Working group meeting to discuss current state of deployment in the
the backbones. Emphasis will be on how to improve connectivity and
better monitor backbone connectivity. Target audience is working
group members and network engineers.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO PRESENT A QUICK STATUS OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN THEIR
NETWORK (BACKBONE, GIGAPOP, OR CAMPUS), LET ME KNOW.

Multicast Breakout Session
Tuesday 8am to 8:50am

Deployment of multicast in the Internet2/NGI backbones has been
fairly successful. The next step is to deploy multicast in the
campus/Gigapop networks. This session discusses what has been
accomplished and what will be required.

Kevin Almeroth, moderator
Kevin Thompson
()
Steven Wallace
()
Don Salvin
()

  • Seattle meetings, Kevin C. Almeroth, 10/08/1999