wg-multicast - Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

Couple of things... first, the one on topic with the subject...

We should develop a strategy and pseudo-officially approve it. Since
there isn't really a mechanism in place I guess I/we get to define one.
I'll try and develop this to be discussed by at least the Seattle
I2 meeting.

As I've alluded to here there will be a working group meeting at the
Seattle I2 Meeting. I'll send out a call for agenda items closer to
the meeting time.

I've just returned from not paying attention to email and just added
a bunch of new people to the mailing list. By my count we have 106
people on the mailing list, one of which is another mailing list. (FYI)

At the IETF in Oslo I attended a CCIRN meeting on multicast and have
plans to do a new round of development on the I2 page and include
the latest MSDP/MBGP topologies for Abilene and vBNS and a bunch of
links to other multicast-capable international high-speed (add whatever
necessary adjectives) networks. Expect this in the next couple of
weeks as I get my email under control.

-Kevin