wg-multicast - Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups

  • From: ken lindahl <>
  • To: , ,
  • Cc: , , ,
  • Subject: Re: So we need some scoping for non-global I2 multicast groups
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:47:34 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Kevin Thompson
>yes i am :) despite dave's recent email, i adopted your access-list this
>afternoon.

fwiw, i applied the access-list to the uc berkeley msdp router around 0700
PDT, and to the calren2 msdp routers around 1420 PDT. it may not be the
"right thing" but it does seem to address some short term problems. fwiw,
i was seeing frequent msdp session resets yesterday; these stopped around
1040 PDT today; kevin, is that about the time you applied the access-list
to the vBNS msdp router?

note that applying the access-list to the calren2 routers has the effect of
limiting stanfords announcements. uc berkeley is currently announcing 135
sources/43 groups; stanford is announcing 57 sources/16 groups.

the IOS upgrade to uc berkeley's msdp router (from 11.1(24)CC to
11.1(26.1)CC) did not fix the state problem (in which "stale" (S, G) SAs
are kept in the cache) -- either i misunderstood the problem, or the
upgrade needs to be applied to both msdp peers. it will be awhile before
i can arrange to get the calren2 router upgraded.

ken