wg-multicast - Re: Spring plenary

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Spring plenary

  • From: Steve Shultz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Spring plenary
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:08:09 -0800

At 12:46 PM -0500 on 3/23/99, Jeremy George wrote:

Are there any plans to meet in Washington at the plenary meeting?

We should have the NGIX-West up and running multicast. CalREN2-North

just moved to PIM-SM and MSDP along with Stanford. Maybe there could

be a discussion on lessons learned. At NASA we have found that the Cat5k

with CGMP on causes the multicast joins to be excessively long. Maybe someone

could talk about high bandwidth ethernet frames switches that scale on the campus.

Steve Shultz
Principal Engineer
Raytheon Systems Company, ITSS
NREN/NGI Program