wg-multicast - some NIC capability information

Subject: All things related to multicast

some NIC capability information

  • From: Jeremy George <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: some NIC capability information
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:15:42 -0500

With reference to recent traffic on multicast and NIC cards, I ran
across these references in mbone-na messages I'd saved, and thought
some might find it helpful.

www.stl.nps.navy.mil/~mcgredo/projectNotebook/mcast/EthernetMain.html
www.stl.nps.navy.mil/~mcgredo/projectNotebook/mcast/ethernet.html

From a very practical perspective, it would be useful to have a more
complete spreadsheet version of the information in the first URL. Not
only would it he potentially helpful to students, staff and faculty but
it might also minimize the number of difficulties secondarily
associated with multicasting.

- Jeremy

  • some NIC capability information, Jeremy George, 03/19/1999