wg-irr - [WG-IRR] Google non-support for IRR issues

Subject: Registry Working Group

[WG-IRR] Google non-support for IRR issues

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [WG-IRR] Google non-support for IRR issues
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:53:09 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nysernet.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=nysernet.org; dkim=pass header.d=nysernet.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=jKmfqzfjVPtDKHtXvpr0bKHT9iVMAC5y42bnEf0uuYk=; b=bizXe5u9W4VBxz7YkwoCGU6h0zU+9nlQLqat8tSj8WEQTnogws3/av4mglcPfsWwxPIEdEz/VzL4UFPwtGDVtsK9JbecR5eacwHHwcZybUNPYbcB9enrU9Fxkek/besjIuCJAVWeKUGqe4wwQQY7f3iNu8TLDYxNk69PuGAkReKQJxLZZZ9viWx7AQCd1VEXBnOtDw2yCIDV1IebehEO4SFnuZNfOI1SntD8g4BB9adAd4vMVf9q0EtV7hZXvJJE4+69Q7fVuG5ALDIPfxncpCcjqusPPZfv4KkjOQJuI8vnTwxDoKsuNcSLOK9B5wsYAkZiTiV8GLQA6OGGtA5Hwg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=mh5nzUzeLMGiS1hYq0TVBGNCra/Ft1peclqY5BDcsneUCYzTc+B8+n7jQhDkl49XSRto9Cv5U+rieLtlYPVj37Tdm/xKXLj40Zv2MseYNcuM6U3KMZC5NBCFRD1Skx518Dqnq515cQQQKFT2IUJGG1mDTxml0w5Vlfa63+BrbeUiHo5Bkq7Q0vdKEnAyiuAjVucAuaoTBKGVQq/ub7xmq5fNBHEUsTqMAhSfI+SdeX1QsREcSZ7gZaslRVcmV02sdgUFTaw+oATlNiXuN8ZIJMLrQNnxdb1lnJvPWkyXxXQnjjE8EryFSvgQcOqwO5pfpYUijjKJgeWyJ/4lfnmN9w==

I opened a Google ISP portal ticket earlier this week with the following info:

"NYSERNet AS3630 peers with Google on a PNI at 111 8th Ave in NYC. I believe
we have a valid IRR configuration (mostly with RADb records) but for several
weeks our routes have been flagged in the BGP portal as Invalid IRR. With the
latest portal change, they mostly show up as "No AS-SET Relationship".

We have a PeeringDB record for NYSERNet-COM (https://peeringdb.com/net/12186)
which references our as-set as3630:as-all. We also have an aut-num object for
as3630 which includes export and mp-export lines containing as3630:as-all.
I'm not sure what else we would need to do in order to create an "AS-SET
Relationship" for this peering, can you provide me with anything I'm
missing?"

Here's the obviously canned, and completely useless response:

"Thank you for contacting Google's NOC. We will be rolling out IRR filtering
over the next few months. Our BGP prefix page in the ISP portal
(https://isp.google.com/bgp/) shows prefixes received from you and any IRR
issues.

We're currently flagging issues IRR only, no route filtering or routing
decisions are being made with this data. We do encourage you to ensure there
are no IRR issues with your network as we will build filters based upon this
data later this year.

We will be in contact with further instructions in the coming weeks in
relation to this. In the meantime if you wish to prepare further please
review Google's FAQ at https://support.google.com/interconnect/answer/9325703

Further information on IRR and best practices can be found at:

BCP194: https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp194
RFC2650: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2650";

Indeed, I would like to 'ensure there are no IRR issues' but they aren't
making it easy to do that...

Bill.

  • [WG-IRR] Google non-support for IRR issues, Bill Owens, 10/24/2019