wg-irr - [WG-IRR] Seeking to better understand how the community uses BGPMON

Subject: Registry Working Group

[WG-IRR] Seeking to better understand how the community uses BGPMON

  • From: Steve Wallace <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [WG-IRR] Seeking to better understand how the community uses BGPMON
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 13:59:48 +0000

*apologies for duplicate posting*

Internet2 is evaluating approaches to assist the community with its routing security needs. BGPMON, a BGP monitoring tool widely used in our community, has changed ownership/management, and its terms have changed as well. We've heard from a number of you that there's interest in alternatives to BGPMON.

To better understand what role Internet2 might play in providing or enabling alternatives to BGPMON, we'd like to gather additional information concerning how BGPMON is being used (e.g., which features are used, for what purposes, and what's lacking).

If you're a current or former user BGPMON we'd like to speak with you. I’ve setup a google spreadsheet to sign up for a timeslot Friday October 25th to conduct interviews. To share how you use BGPMON, please fill-in a timeslot in the following spreadsheet. At the interview time, please join my zoom meeting room (info in the spreadsheet).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uYRTHT__945gD7nCA9W4d4iv5Ltm-7mPMn-Fn-DNIkY/edit?usp=sharing

thanks,

ssw

  • [WG-IRR] Seeking to better understand how the community uses BGPMON, Steve Wallace, 10/23/2019