wg-irr - Re: [WG-IRR] Some Google observations

Subject: Registry Working Group

Re: [WG-IRR] Some Google observations

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Jeff Bartig <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [WG-IRR] Some Google observations
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 21:23:50 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nysernet.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=nysernet.org; dkim=pass header.d=nysernet.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=lPdEMBIPtrru2CT7KbI9iFXo/ZkYG5l6e/xzPsdrHB0=; b=Z9Ogbp4dqtIywDo4WN2/Kt2QU1siylC2RaaoKqC882rW5EUOO48wOhQP+B/EjjJPDX+t84xpy5w4Fu07jTZT99RB4ZopPAEMbLMZE3KpGkyvdnVPZwc4XcGqweJo6/KpzSgWU94Dvl4uYhPRgJwITkRVcyQ8jfE0180Q6Nss0XXA1uEi+KqSLvfbtMHb8cb0Y8G8zJ/tw31MMohngWOkjvkjjSD5h7tHvwg0tD4QsPTN7eobkjVw9lcKs6+okssG81Lu6oWedYnuSl5Co2L9jzOm1EwoDH6rRNhhR9dEhRkAljGg2vmVX51H5U35i1P78bgkG7cU9VKd0pPi3kB1Xw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=BLMSwjIMrQ0JJ+8OdB3d/IKTIU5KB9KpZZbaWJWuHeRq9wIfS4K2oC9OEYENGz0Ney/M9c+WrhYPb+JA90VaCCugOKxEL99Dr5HmIEJPw8p3Oj+ab/Am2EF7RqLCIy1aj0YY+8rH8knPvlCMfxXz1ibytsaXY0OcHdIJonyfkkPceXcpPdfpM809xCC1RFC2LRV/lNnsV3G0MSptWsC9oT535+SEdiHM5Ch3GSQaGGh08vBY07ZCbYtk1OcxkoEHL6Q71y9oCnDxiBVR70StsZ+BUbvh1gMMPUW9TWHNQhX1B+F7D5xxVmSUm609JDjYAbrrRPAbs4CIE79RquSAkA==

Glad to hear the filtering won’t start just yet, although I have to say that whatever update they did this afternoon has cleaned up all the false errors that we were seeing – the remaining invalid routes really are missing their IRR objects.

I just looked through the portal and can’t find any reference to the AS-SET, but I do have it in our PeeringDB record, and I’m sure I gave it to them in email while we were setting up the connection originally. We’ve been publishing the AS-SET for a long time just to document the ASes behind us, even though we knew the rest of the IRR objects weren’t up to snuff. For one thing it was a shorthand way of telling prospective peers about what traffic we would be bringing to them, and I think it helped to have it in PeeringDB even when the rest of the config wasn’t ready. I didn’t find anyone who filtered on it until Google (but we don’t peer with HE).

Bill.