usucansponsor - Re: updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners

Subject: usucansponsor

Re: updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:13:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

A number of you have responded with additional questions regarding our effort to “fill out the bench” with additional state specific representation from community anchors across the country.

Below is a bit more information about what I had in mind.

In addition to having a main r&e network representative in the state, I would like to work together in each state to identify sector specific leaders from K12, libraries, higher ed, etc. who can become active and full members of our national US UCAN community as well.   I’ve created a quick diagram below to hopefully better illustrate one way it might work in a given state.  I’m envisioning a central r&e network representative who coordinates the UCAN effort in the state.  By “coordinate” I mean they help identify sector specific leaders and invite them to join the national UCAN community as a K12, library, higher ed, museums, etc. representative in their state.  Each of these sector leaders will be invited and encouraged to participate in quarterly calls, attend our retreat or the I2 Global Summit (perhaps there are opportunities for scholarships we can explore to offset the considerable expense of coming to this gathering), lead and participate in various UCAN working groups and projects with other sector leaders from across the country, subscribe to the appropriate communications channels so they get notifications of any projects or programs that might benefit their sector in the state so they can share them with colleagues (or if desired, dissemination could be done centrally by the r&E rep, whatever works in each state), and bring forth examples of state/region specific advanced network enabled or enhanced projects to share with the national community.

If we can get this going at scale across the majority of UCAN states we’ll have created a more viable and active collaboration community focused on our shared mission of promoting innovative use of advanced network enabled and enhanced applications and content, network services, trust and identity services all put into the service of teaching and learning across the formal and informal .edu spectrum at the local, state, regional, and national level.

Would something like this work in your state? Any concerns?

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions or comments!  Finally, feel free to use the following spreadsheet to add the names of sector representatives you’d like to nominate from your state.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zBxwR_CpmgP0e4TmWQ7Z5jPYyznS2LokYTdPIrYYhVE/edit?usp=sharing

Best,

James