usucansponsor - updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners

Subject: usucansponsor

updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: updating our directory of UCAN network representatives and community partners
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:14:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

All,

In an effort to revitalize and broaden collaboration across our US UCAN program, I’d like to ask each of us to please take a moment to review the following spreadsheet listing state/regional r&e network representatives from each state and update as needed.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zBxwR_CpmgP0e4TmWQ7Z5jPYyznS2LokYTdPIrYYhVE/edit?usp=sharing

Additionally, in order to deepen our engagement with practitioners across the various community anchor sectors, I would like to ask each state/regional r&e network representative to help identify innovative leaders from the K-12, public library, higher education, and museum/cultural/performing arts sectors in your state.

Below are a few thoughts on the roles and responsibilities for network representatives and community partners to help identity the most qualified and best positioned individuals in your organization and communities.

  • Provide input, ideas, and feedback to help shape, guide, and inspire the UCAN effort in its goals to identify, stimulate, engage, and leverage innovators and innovations in advanced applications, network services, trust and identity, and content across the formal and informal .edu spectrum.
  • Identify and engage innovators within their state -- among the K12, higher education, library and museum communities -- in Internet2 UCAN projects; bringing forward projects for multi-state participation; encouraging participation in existing Internet2 working groups where appropriate; and serve as an information conduit between local/regional/state efforts and the national UCAN program.
  • Our group will, typically, meet twice a year, in conjunction with the Internet2 Global Summit and our own US UCAN working retreat. Between these meetings we will establish quarterly telephone or video conference and working group calls.

With a diverse range of active and engaged representatives in each state, moving in the same direction toward mutually beneficial goals, we will be in a great position to super charge our work together!  Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your help with this important exercise.

Best,

James

James Werle

Executive Director, US UCAN