transport - Re: [transport] charter

Subject: Transport protocols and bulk file transfer

Re: [transport] charter

  • From: Matthew J Zekauskas <>
  • To: stanislav shalunov <>
  • Subject: Re: [transport] charter
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:41:00 -0500

[not to list]

--On Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:27 PM -0500 stanislav shalunov

Mission

To create a tool for bulk transport that is suitable for
high-performance networks.

[snip]

Milestones

2005-04 Design space survey for a bulk transport tool
2005-10 Application Programmer Interface description
2005-10 Bulk transport protocol specification
2005-12 Preliminary experience report

do you want to have a tool prototype, or transport prototype
in here somewhere?

is the reason why the milestones end in December that you
wish to reevaluate what future milestones should be at that
time (or close by) based on experience?

[note: this is the most detailed description of an I2 WG that
I have seen, so these are really nits!]

--M

feel free to forward to the group if you think you'd like a
discussion there (and/or that this would contribute to one).
I'm sending it personally because I haven't been on many calls
recently...